Become a Hosparus Health Volunteer
What Can I Do As A Volunteer?
Hosparus Health volunteers provide support across all parts of the organization – from direct patient care to administrative support.
Patient and Family Support Volunteers Can:
- Provide comfort and companionship to hospice and palliative patients, wherever they call home. These may include a family residence, nursing home, assisted living facility or hospital.
- Provide comfort and support to parents, siblings and other family members of our Kourageous Kids pediatric patients
- Provide respite to family caregivers
- Provide vigil for dying patients at the 11th hour
- Support grieving family members through Hosparus Health Grief Counseling Center services
Other Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Assist at the Hosparus Health Thrift Shoppe locations in Elizabethtown or Campbellsville. Volunteers help with receiving, sorting and pricing donations; placing and straightening items on the sales floor; and assisting customers.
- Serve on a committee for one of our many fundraising events, such as Dancing With the Stars or the Candle Glow Gala
- Serve as a Hosparus Health community ambassador, sharing our message of compassionate care
- Sew care blankets, quilts and caps to provide warmth and comfort to our patients
- For those with musical talents, play an instrument or sing to soothe or uplift patients and families
- Share your special skills with patients and families (*volunteers must have a professional license to provide these services):
- Massage Therapy
- Hair Care
- Pet Therapy Visits
- Assist our administrative staff with filing, organizing, inventory, data entry, mailings and many other office-based projects
- Recognize and support our veteran patients through our We Honor Veterans Program
Ready to become a volunteer for Hosparus Health?
If you’re interested in joining the Hosparus Health volunteer family, you will need to:
- Complete a mandatory training/orientation about our services and policies.
- Submit information for a criminal background check, as required by state law.
- Receive an annual TB test and flu shot (for volunteers in contact with patients and families)
- Receive additional immunizations if volunteering in the Hosparus Health Inpatient Care Center
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
A Volunteer Manager will contact you shortly about the next steps, including training, dates and locations.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our mission by serving others!